Are you planning on visiting Little Eden soon? To enrich your holiday experience – we have selected a few unique places and some old-time favourites to visit on Cullinan’s Victorian-inspired main road called Oak Avenue.
The tall lush Oak trees stand proud down the historic Oak Avenue street, which is also rightfully named after the magnificent century-old trees. Pleated into this avenue, you will also notice Cullinan’s main road is lined with Jacarandas, which are predominantly noticeable during October when they pop out their heads to create the most spectacular display. If you’re planning a destination lunch, or you would like to try some freshly baked pâtissière or perhaps buy a few novelty items for family or friends, then Oak Avenue will be worth the trip.
Oak Avenue, is a living museum filled with cafés, a brewery, an antique shop, gift shops and so much more. Take a lazy stroll down this historic street and explore the town encapsulated in rich history and breathtaking charm.
Here are a few of our favourite Oak Avenue shops and eateries:
- Pop into The Cockpit Brewhouse and allow your taste buds to soak up some cold, crisp craft beer (vegan-friendly options available), mouth-watering food, and excellent live entertainment! For those really hot summer days, The Brewhouse is equipped with a mist spray system to ensure you stay cool and your brew stays frosty! We recommend that you go and experience this vibey brewhouse for yourself!
- Discover vintage timepieces at The Art of Silver shop! Here you can find stunning art pieces, rare coins and exquisite jewellery. This little gem is the perfect spot for collectors looking for something specific to add to their treasury or for you to find a unique gift for someone special.
- One of Cullinan’s most renowned restaurants is As Greek As It Gets (we just love this name). Customers visiting this Greek restaurant will be treated to scrumptious food, an impressive wine list carefully selected by Chef Patron Stavros Vladislavic, and an artsy-crafty ambience. This popular restaurant is definitely worth visiting if you want to try some authentic Greek cuisine like Dolmades, Befteki, Moussaka or Pastitio. Allow yourself to be transported to Greece with one of their set menus and experience authentic Greek-style dining. Make sure you book ahead or try to get there as early as possible, as this popular spot is always jam-packed.
- Are you a foodie? Then the Whispering Oaks Garden Café has got you covered for a ‘food-tastic’ experience. Famous for their relaxing Sunday breakfast under the timeless Oak trees, freshly prepared ingredients, tranquil gardens and refreshing drinks, this trip will unmistakably make for a memorable experience.
- The Cullinan Jewel Shopping Centre is a great place for those of you looking to spoil yourself on a little shopping spree. Fuel up first by making a pit-stop at the Wimpy to enjoy a famous Wimpy coffee and breakfast.
Experience the charm of Cullinan, with its nostalgic touch of yesteryear, combined with an artistic modern flair and novelty filled shops tucked into beautifully Oak lined avenues.
If you would like to know more about what you can do in and around the Little Eden area, then read our blog about the Cullinan Diamond Mine here.
Is Cullinan on your bucket list? Why not make a weekend of it. Book a weekend stay at Little Eden and immerse yourself in nature as well as the deep culture of Cullinan.